What's on the books for 2019!
We are very excited to be adding our first Climate Action Specialist to our team this spring. The posting is open until Feb 28 and can be viewed here: https://www.centralsaanich.ca/our-community/news/were-hiring-climate-action-specialist
This is a big year for us; we are working on a number of projects focused on developing a culture of sustainability in the community:
· A net-zero solar power demonstration project at Fire Hall #1.
· Replacing our light duty fleet of vehicles with electric.
· Bringing MODO Car Share to Central Saanich.
· Implementing Step Code for improving building energy efficiency.
· Installing more public electric vehicle chargers (dependent on grant support).
· Developing a model deep energy retrofit and emissions reductions strategy with a group of other local governments on Vancouver Island.
· Participating in the CRD's Regional Electric Vehicle/Electric Bike Charging Infrastructure Strategy, which will see a network of charging stations throughout the region.We may be small community but we are committed to becoming a leader in climate action both locally and regionally. We will be posting updates on these projects throughout the year, so please check in periodically or subscribe for updates!