Budget 2023

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link

The Budget is more than numbers--it is about parks, emergency services, climate action and many other services that impact your community. The budget strives to ensure the services support a great quality of life in Central Saanich while managing your tax dollars responsibly.

What services are important to you?

Get involved from home or in person

  • Read the plan highlights and complete the survey below by March 1.
  • Join staff for coffee and a chance to ask questions one on one Thursday, January 19, 10-11 am at The Empourium.
  • Watch a 20 minute presentation of the budget
  • Reach out to staff with questions! Email our Director of Finance.

Just love budgets? Join us for presentations to Council (all meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at Municipal Hall):

  • February 6 – Budget introduction and public feedback to date
  • February 21 – Operations presentations
  • March 14 – Final review and public input summary

Budget highlights

  • At present, the Central Saanich 2023 budget is balanced at $38.5M.
  • We were awarded 10 grants in 2022 for almost $10M, which is a significant portion of our budget.
  • Included in the plan are $1.3 million of Projects and Strategic Initiatives, a $14.0 million capital program, and continued escalated funding for required future infrastructure replacements.
  • The budget maintains the service levels and assets expected by the community and also invests in Police and Fire Services and the Emergency Management Program.
  • Proposed 2023 tax increase: Operational budget increase is 2.92% plus the infrastructure levy of 1.50%, for a total of 4.42% or $99 to the average home.

The Budget is more than numbers--it is about parks, emergency services, climate action and many other services that impact your community. The budget strives to ensure the services support a great quality of life in Central Saanich while managing your tax dollars responsibly.

What services are important to you?

Get involved from home or in person

  • Read the plan highlights and complete the survey below by March 1.
  • Join staff for coffee and a chance to ask questions one on one Thursday, January 19, 10-11 am at The Empourium.
  • Watch a 20 minute presentation of the budget
  • Reach out to staff with questions! Email our Director of Finance.

Just love budgets? Join us for presentations to Council (all meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at Municipal Hall):

  • February 6 – Budget introduction and public feedback to date
  • February 21 – Operations presentations
  • March 14 – Final review and public input summary

Budget highlights

  • At present, the Central Saanich 2023 budget is balanced at $38.5M.
  • We were awarded 10 grants in 2022 for almost $10M, which is a significant portion of our budget.
  • Included in the plan are $1.3 million of Projects and Strategic Initiatives, a $14.0 million capital program, and continued escalated funding for required future infrastructure replacements.
  • The budget maintains the service levels and assets expected by the community and also invests in Police and Fire Services and the Emergency Management Program.
  • Proposed 2023 tax increase: Operational budget increase is 2.92% plus the infrastructure levy of 1.50%, for a total of 4.42% or $99 to the average home.
  • We want to hear about your priorities, and we will share your feedback with Council as they set the direction for the year ahead.

    The 2023 Budget & Services Survey will be open until March 1, 2023.

    Hard Copy Surveys are also available at Municipal Hall (and must be submitted to Municipal Hall by March 1 at 4:30 pm).

    Take Survey
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Page last updated: 24 Jan 2023, 08:43 AM